Welcome to the first Thursday things post!
I’ve been toying with the idea of adding a weekly post like this for a while and finally cracked down and got to business!
So, without further adieu:
1. I signed up for a 5k today which will be my first race since last March. I’m a little nervous since I haven’t been running a whole heck of a lot lately but I’d like to set a PR. Typically, I run a 9:00ish minute mile so I’d love to run it in at least 27 minutes. We’ll see how that goes. The race isn’t until the 21st so I have a few weeks to get my times down. After all, its only 3.1 miles, right?
2. My neighborhood is in full bloom.
All of the flowers are beautiful. However, I’m over the yellow film that’s on everything and dodging inch worms while running and/or walking my dog.
3. Since there is still a yellow film on everything, I’ve been popping cough drops like candy to help my poor, raw throat. Who knew Halls was giving pep talks these days?
4. I’m going to my first engagement party this weekend for a friend from college. Does this mean we’re really growing up? I’m thinking going back to high school sounds pretty good right about now.
5. I cleaned my kitchen floors for the first time in a month tonight. It took me 4, count them F-O-U-R Swiffer wet pads to clean my floor. Call me crazy but I’m thinking that’s way too many. Who’s hiring me a cleaning crew ’cause apparently I’m not doing a very good job?
6. Now that its officially Springtime, the Lilly Pulitzer animal crackers are out. Is it weird that I will only buy them if they’re Lilly? I’m thinking its just a Southern thing. Its in our blood to like everything Lilly. Don’t judge me.
7. I’m putting off finishing the final book in The Hunger Games series because I’m going to be sad when its over. Pretty sure that makes me pathetic.
7.5. How long ’til the next movie comes out?
8. Once I pick up the pieces from my heart breaking over the end of The Hunger Games, I’ll need a new book to read. Any suggestions?
Well, that about does it for this week. Hope y’all enjoyed it! Now, I’m off to stare at my book and decide whether I want to read or not….
But tomorrow is Friday. Yay!